Have you ever wondered how facial massage therapy works on the face? Many people seem to enjoy this lymphatic facial massage for its relaxing therapeutic process, but it does more than that and can help refresh the skin, improve your skin appearance, and much more. Thus, lymphatic facial massage has become a significant part of facial treatment for restoring health benefits.
You are welcome to another topic from HealthyLifeside that will provide you with applicable health tips. We encourage you to subscribe to our channel to get the latest updates and have access to previous tips. We guarantee you the best health tips that will enrich your life.
Now, this is where the facial lymphatic drainage becomes relevant as it focuses on releasing and stretching muscles that will enable free flow through specific facial muscles. First, however, you will better understand the benefits of facial lymphatic drainage when you learn how it works and all its benefits.
What is Lymphatic Facial Drainage?
You may be aware of the function of fluid in our body system and how it helps transport water, oxygen, food, waste and other vital substances around the body. This process also helps remove toxic waste from building up in the body. The lymphatic system is one of the essential fluid systems that help regulate the flow, deliver vital elements around the system and move waste away. But the lymphatic system is made up of vessels and organs that help keep the body fluid (known as lymph) balanced.
Now you will understand that an imbalance of flow of lymph in any part of the body would have an adverse effect. For instance, a lack of proper flow of lymph in the skin vessels will affect the appearance of the skin. However, unlike the respiratory system, the lymphatic systems do not function on an automated fluid pump. Instead, the system relies on muscle contraction, which may be aided by diet, exercise and physical stimulation of the body fluid.
Researchers studied the body’s anatomy and found that we have many lymph nodes on the face and neck. Thus manual stimulation will aid the flow of fluid in these regions. Therefore, the better the flow of fluid, the better the organs and tissues function, hence the introduction of facial lymphatic drainage to restore the quality flow of fluid in these organs by an esthetician or licensed professionals.
How does Lymphatic Facial Drainage Help Your Skin?
Now that you have an understanding of the Lymphatic systems, let us at Healthy Life Side show you the benefits of facial massage or facial lymphatic drainage as shown below:
- Lymphatic drainage can improve dull skin by easing the buildup of fluid, allowing flow and transportation of vital elements all over the skin. However, there may be a buildup of fluid which may slow or block the flow of lymph and thus dull the skin because of lack of needed nutrients. But massaging the nodes can ensure free flow and passage of the much-needed nutrients.
- Building up fluid or lymph on the vessels will lead to swollen tissues or organs and inflammation. The lymphatic massage will help release the buildup of fluid as it improves the flow of fluid in the vessels. And this will reduce puffiness and inflammation on the tissues or organs.
- Pain and acne may occur due to stagnation of the vessels. Swelling will appear, which will expand the tissues causing pains, but massaging the region will relieve the pain as the swellings will reduce amid an improved flow of fluids.
- Lymphatic facial drainage will improve skin suffering from breakouts and dry skin. When fluid flow is stagnant, the skin is deprived of water and other ingredients. Also, expansion of the skin due to swelling from the stagnation will break the skin further. However, the facial lymphatic drainage will release the swelling and allow the free flow of fluid through the skin tissues.
- It has a therapeutic effect, making you feel comfortable and helping drive stress away. In addition, this treatment has been known to ease the body and make one relaxed. Thus you can use it to reduce stress.
Getting a Lymphatic Facial Drainage
You should know that not everyone is familiar with delivering lymphatic facial drainage benefits, but you should know that the treatment differs. For instance, the kind of treatment that an expert will provide for broken skin will vary from the one delivered for oily skin. Also, specialized oil is used for the massage and specific rhythm and movement on the face that only an expert can attempt. So the specialist will have advanced knowledge of these kinds of stuff.
You must get an esthetician or licensed acupuncturist that has been adequately trained for such tasks. They will understand the correct procedure and tools to use for your skin type. There are procedures to these processes, including soft-touch and massaging of your face to prevent damaging and breaking your skin which is why you should find a professional who understands the need for a subtle touch to achieve the objective.
It is best if you did not mistake lymphatic massage for facial massage because they serve a different purpose. The lymphatic massage focuses on the fluid vessel and requires specific knowledge on the right places to touch and how to handle these places.
We have earlier emphasized the need for getting an expert or professionals. Also, you should know that lymphatic massage is not for everyone, so consult a specialist to determine if you can have this procedure. It is interesting to know that the process of lymphatic surgery has been around for ages, and it has been known to improve the immune system and help to fight diseases.
You have seen that lymphatic drainage helps to improve the circulation of fluid in the face. The process does help to increase brightness in the face which is one of the main reasons this treatment is attributed to anti-ageing therapy. The therapy further helps with broken skin and reduces swelling on your face. Thus it is also a beautification remedy. However, consult your physician before you go for any facial lymphatic drainage.
Follow our social media pages at Healthy Life Side to comment and get real-time updates from our platforms. These tips will help you and your family lead a healthy life. Get in touch with us to learn more about ionised water – https://www.kangenwaterhealthyside.com/).
Recommended books for further reading
- Feel Better In 5: Your Daily Plan to Feel Great
- Keto Diet: Your 30-Day Plan to Lose Weight, Balance Hormones, Boost Brain Health, and Reverse Disease
- The Clever Guts Diet: How to revolutionise your body from the inside out
- Eat Yourself Healthy: An easy-to-digest guide to health and happiness from the inside out
- Perfect Health